Monday, May 19, 2014

Thing 22--Discovering Apps

Used Appsforfree and found that the Kayak PRO Flights, Hotels & Cars was being offered free.  Seemed like a great choice, as I'm in the middle of planning a fall trip.  However, I found that the app was nowhere near as helpful as TripAdvisor or other websites I've used.  Many of the accommodations that I located through Kayak PRO did not have photos, prices or reviews available. The flights part of the app was equally disappointing--the way that it displays the information is visually confusing.  I much prefer the well-known travel websites or the airlines themselves.  I looked at several days' worth of Appsforfree and the majority of entries were for games; however, I think this would be a site I'd check periodically to see what app "bargains" are out there.

Found the YP Local Search & Gas Prices app through Quixey.  Very convenient downloading the apps thru Quixey and not having to go through the app store.  When I searched for restaurants in the city where I live, YP listed at least one that has been closed for several months, and the reviews were quite random and very few.  A nice feature was that I could link to the menus.  The gas price feature would be very nice to have handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment