Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thing 18--Education

Oh, if I had a mobile device, I'd be using many of these education apps!  Especially liked the TED talks one;  it's such a "librarian thing," but is there anything better than listening to several TED talks and FEELING yourself get smarter?!!? 

Ditto those comments on the Life for iPad app.

Didn't have luck locating the Fooducate app, which looked very interesting.  Was disappointed by the Eat This, Not That one, in that it only allowed limited access unless the user is willing to push things out to social media.

I'm not sure that I understood the Khan Academy one.  Lots of interesting topics, but the main impression it left with me is that it didn't present its credentials.  If I had had the time, I would have listened to his TED talk (see above) in its entirety...

No comments:

Post a Comment