Monday, March 24, 2014

Thing 8--Social Media Management Tools

I already use Facebook personally, so I explored Twitter.  I found it quite confusing, but it was good to search for some people and see how I'd follow their Tweets.  Hmmm...do I make Kim Kardashian or Pope Francis my priority...?  I don't see myself adding this to my list of email accounts, voicemail accounts, Facebook account, etc.  I can see its applications for celebrities who want to increase their profile/appeal, or for a job search.  But personally, I don't consider communications of 140 characters or less worth the time it would take to check another account.

1 comment:

  1. I use Twitter to keep up with other library people and to find stories/news for MetroBriefs. 140 characters are just the thing for a quick description and a link. We are using Twitter to promote Teen Lit Con, too--have concocted with the authors and others interested in YA.

    ReplyDelete