Monday, March 10, 2014

Thing 4--Keeping Up

Had no luck with downloading/using Zite, so tried Flipboard.  Much more user-friendly.  If I had a mobile device, this app might be something I'd use, though the articles on photography and travel that I looked at didn't seem real mainstream.  I'm probably more likely to look at something like National Geographic online for photography or local newspapers/NYT for current events.  I don't have a lot of confidence at this point in who chooses the site options for Flipboard or what their criteria is.  I'd have to have a whole lot more spare time than I currently do to "play" with Flipboard!

1 comment:

  1. Zite was purchased by Flipboard here lately--not sure if that might affect why you couldn't download it. Flipboard is a handy app if you are waiting in line and don't have a book or magazine of your own handy (what library person doesn't!). I like the randomness of some of the Flipboard links, but I understand that others like more control over what they see. You can really customize it with links like those you've mentioned, but it does take some time.

    Keep up the good work on the Things!

    ReplyDelete