Friday, March 21, 2014

Thing 11--Library & Reference

I looked at the ELM Mobile webpage and was initially intrigued by the "Find items on MN History" tab.  However, when I clicked on it, it would only list collections through the "B's."   Tried it on my desktop and it worked fine.  Lots of good resources!  Also checked out the Research Project Calculator.  Finally, I looked at the databases to see if the interfaces were similar on the iPad to the desktop. 

Finally, I checked out the DCL mobile app.  When I searched for an item, it did not list the number of holds, which is something that one can learn from our regular online catalog.  That, and a couple of other quirks, make me think that if I owned an iPad I would always use the full website for more detailed, reliable results.

No comments:

Post a Comment